4.30.2007

Zobby, a collaborative editor

I thought that it would be a good idea to start writing an AJAX heavy web application to get a better idea of the various deficiencies that currently exist. Doing this will also help me learn how to use jsonserver and jquery, which will be vital in improving the deficiencies.

With that, I would like to introduce Zobby, which will be a Zope based clone of Gobby, a cross platform collaborative editor. Last night I spent several hours getting to know jsonserver and jquery and produced code that allows any number of people to chat, irc style, through the web. Currently I haven't used any auto generated forms, but just one straight up Page template and lots of javascript. The repository is publicly available at http://bzr.carduner.net/zobby.

1 comment:

Sameer said...

Pretty cool!

The repository seems to be down right now...